COVID-19 Recommendations – Idaho Guardian Council
A LETTER FROM: Idaho Grand Guardian, LaWanda Wold
TO: Idaho Grand Bethel, Grand Guardian Council, and all Idaho Bethel Guardian Councils
March 18, 2020
With each passing day the sense of urgency to be mindful of the COVID-19 Coronavirus and how it is impacting our country and our world grows exponentially. The Supreme Board of Trustees and Idaho Grand Bethel, Grand Guardian Council and Grand Session Committee have been monitoring daily the changes to the landscape we all live in and watching reports from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) and reviewing their recommendations.
- As an organization our greatest priority is for the safety of our Daughters, our volunteer adults and friends and family of each. We realize that several large Job’s Daughters events are about to unfold over the next 30 to 60 days. With the extreme volatility of this Coronavirus we will abide by the Supreme and local government recommendations. Without knowing when the current state will resolve or end, we will make contingency plans.
- At this time, Grand Bethel and Bethel in-person activities are suspended until further notice.
- Supreme Office will be operating with limited staff for the foreseeable future. Supreme will still be processing CAVs and other day-to-day operations, but things may take longer than usual to process. Please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of calling. Contingency plans are being worked on.
- The MIDJD testing schedule will be pushed 30 days out and may possibly consist of only one test date if we are unable to test in April. More information will be posted as soon as proctors, dates and locations can be confirmed.
- We encourage you to proceed with Grand Session Arrangements, using the online registration, making hotel registration (confirmed with a 48-hour cancelation), and planning for competitions. The due date is extended to May 15, 2020 without penalty.
- Please do your best to submit Grand Bethel Competition Registration by May 1, 2020.
- Scholarship application submittals are still due by June 1, 2020.
- GGC-Idaho has begun contingency planning for:
- JDI-ID communications plan
- Bethel guidance for continuity of business while in-person activities are suspended
- Bethel outreach and stay in touch activities
- MIJD test and pageant plan B
- Grand session and Grand Bethel competitions plan B
- 2020 installation of Bethel Officers and Bethel Guardian Councils, Grand Bethel Officers/Representatives and Grand Guardian Council.
I understand your concern about the unknown. Please find the new blessings of each day. Remain hopeful and positive. Daughters and adults, please stay in touch with one another. Remember the lessons of Job, stay calm and Jobie on.
LaWanda Wold, Grand Guardian, Job’s Daughters International – Idaho
LSWold@cableone. net or 208.520.5623